Me!

Me!
This is a picture of me in the snow!

Monday 10 October 2016

My Eleventh Birthday Weekend!

Last weekend, on Saturday 8th October, I turned eleven years old (or 77, depending on how you look at it). Eleven years old… Man, I truly am an old puppy. As a special treat for the weekend, one of my humans travelled four hours south to be with me on my special day, which caused all the more partying. It just so happens that I share my birthday with one of my humans too, so you can imagine how big a birthday weekend this one was.

First of all, I was treated to a portion of meaty loveliness to accompany my dry food breakfast. Delicious. This truly got me in the birthday spirit, so I then got ready to bark ‘Happy Birthday to You’ to my other human. We soon went on my first walk as an eleven year old and, despite my slightly arthritic ligaments, I proved that I truly am a puppy at heart as I jumped (much to my human’s horror) over a metal fence on the way back from the park. Birthdays are great.

After our wonderful time at the park sniffing through the acres of bracken that is currently found there, my humans left me to chill for a bit at home while they went out for a breakfast brunch for my other birthday human. Usually, I would find being left a tad disappointing as, frankly, there ain’t no party like a Jasper party, but, given the exhaustive start to the day I had had, the break was much appreciated. On return, the humans found me snuggled up in a ball on my bed.

As a treat, my humans took me to the garden centre. Yes, a birthday party at a garden centre may sound a tad mundane but this garden centre is home to a haven of dog toys and treats. As it’s dog friendly, I was free to wander around, sniff out the greatest toys on offer and then pick out a treat and a toy as my birthday presents. Oh my paws, it was so much fun.


I even made friends with a few rabbits whilst I was there.



The rest of the day was spent having hours of snuggles with the humans, playing with my gifts and having another portion of meat with my dinner. My eleventh birthday certainly did not disappoint and it was lovely to share it with one of my humans. Now, the countdown is on to Discover Dogs and then Christmas!


Talk soon, Jasper x

No comments:

Post a Comment